The Knowledge = major mountains, rivers, deserts, countries with capital cities by continent, and in the case of Europe, EU and Eurozone membership information.
A Plastic Ocean Resources
1_A Plastic Ocean Question Sheet
2_ANSWERS_A Plastic Ocean Question Sheet
3_Follow up to A Plastic Ocean
- Map skills: watch this entire video collection from the OS. Symbols, maps etc.
Model United Nations: Climate Change Conference
- We used these resources for year 9 over 2 1/2 terms the 1st half we taught climate change the second we prepared for the MUN conference event
- It can be paired up with A level film / photography students to make a video of the day as parents are very keen to see the output of a lot of work
- It can also be paired up with the pastoral team to work on public speaking in tutor time
- Below you can find the booklet and other resources, for my countries I covered up news articles and showed some data on the country and students had to guess which country they had been allocated. The other teachers didn’t do this so they are not complete for all countries but there is a template you could use for others.
- MUN Student Booklet 2020
- Australia Australia_covered up.
- Brazil Brazil_covered up
- Chad. Chad_covered up
- Germany. Germany_covered up
- Kiribati. Kiribati_coverd up
- Nicaragua. Nicaragua_covered up
- Russia. Russia_covered up
- INDC data